The introduction of the insulin pen has made insulin administration easier, safer, and more accurate. It is very convenient and easy to carry anywhere. Until recently, what has been lacking in insulin pen technology is the ability to keep a record of the last time you injected yourself. For a long time, you needed to jot the time and amount of insulin used to prevent double dosing. Today, InsulCheck has come up with a smart insulin pen cover that monitors when you last injected yourself with insulin.
Occasionally, you may have asked yourself, “Didn’t I just inject myself 20 minutes ago?” If you’re on a busy schedule and find yourself asking this question more often, then you have to try InsulCheck. Innovation Zed Ltd., an Ireland-based company that markets InsulCheck, claims that the insulin pen add-on device can help you avoid the danger of double injections.
According to the InsulCheck website, the smart insulin pen cover is a real product created out of personal necessity.
“Like many genuine innovations, InsulCheck was born from personal experience. It was set up in 2009 by founders John Hughes and William Cirillo. John has Type 1 diabetes and is insulin-dependent. He suffered a hypo-glycaemic event and was hospitalised because he double injected by mistake. As he negotiated his recovery, he began to think about how he can make sure he and fellow patients with diabetes would not find themselves in this position again. The concept was born there and then.”
InsulCheck eliminates the doubt and worry that insulin pen users have as it provides an added layer of protection in diabetes management. With a light pen cover that digitally displays the time since the last insulin injection, diabetics and their families can now feel more secure.
By letting you know when you last injected, InsulCheck helps you avoid the risk of double dosing. And in case tells you that you have missed an injection, you’ll still be able to catch up and therefore have better management of your diabetes.
Benefits of InsulCheck Insulin Pen Covers
InsulCheck.com also provides more information about the device’s features.
“Benefits of InsulCheck for the person with diabetes
- Every InsulCheck has a large clearly readable display that shows the time since last injection. This means this vital information is easy to access quickly and discreetly.
- As a very light, small add-on, it will add no extra weight or bulk to your existing pen.
- The InsulCheck unit only triggers when the injection is completed. This makes sure the most accurate information only is recorded and no false triggering is registered.
- Once a fully completed injection has been administered you will see flashing confirmation in the form of a green light.
- The InsulCheck product provides an additional and firm grip while you inject. Whether you are a younger, recently diagnosed person with diabetes or are in your later years, this can make your injections that bit easier.
- InsulCheck works with most insulin pens on the market and can be used on both disposable and reusable pens.
- And remember, there is no change to your existing schedule. InsulCheck triggers the timer automatically so there is no change to the injection process. InsulCheck is just about giving peace-of-mind and confidence in knowing you are injecting as you should be. No new buttons, no extra work, just more security.”
Insulin pen technology has come up with a lot of modern innovations to provide insulin users a better quality of life. Go to www.insulinpens.com to know more about how the insulin pen can help you improve the control of your diabetes.